Welcome to the Nanothermal Research Group Website
The group is hosted in the School of Physics at Trinity College Dublin. We run an extensive research program in the area of nanoscale heat transfer and thermal metrology. Our work is funded by Science foundation Ireland, the Irish Research Council and a number of Industry partnerships.
Thermal metrology in nanoscale systems is a challenging task. We are constantly striving to develop new techniques with improved resolution, accuracy, and sensitivity. Some of the techniques that we have developed to a high level are listed below.
- Frequency Domain thermoreflectance
- CCD based thermoreflectance imaging
- 3w technique
We offer a range of unique services for industry:
- High resolution temperature mapping (Sub 1μm)
- Measurement of thermal conductivity and heat capacity both thin film and bulk.
- Measurement of thermal and electrical interface resistances.
- Electromagnetic and Thermal finite element modelling.
- Transient thermal measurements
- Thin film adhesion and stability measurements
If you are an academic and think that our techniques may be of use to you please contact us with a brief description of your problem. We are interested to collaborate as part of consortia for European funding calls.